Master's Thesis Guidelines
This page provides some guidelines regarding master's theses to be defended at the Department of Computer Science, i.e., master's theses for the following programs:
- Master of Science in de Ingenieurswetenschappen: Computerwetenschappen
- Master of Science in Applied Sciences and Engineering: Computer Science
- Master of Science in de Toegepaste Informatica
General information on the Vrije Universiteit Brussel's corporate design, including logos and general templates, can be found here.
A LaTeX template for the title page of your thesis can be downloaded here.
You should register your thesis topic before Thursday 31 October 2019 with the Department of Computer Science by filling out the ‘Master’s thesis registration form’. Send the form via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three important deadlines with regard to submission of your thesis. The first is submitting your thesis's title page to email@example.com. The second is handing in 6 (hard)copies of your thesis at the department's administrative office (room PL9.3.03; the office closes at 4 PM). The third is the actual defence of your thesis. The deadlines are as follows:
- First exam period of the first exam session (January)
- Title page: Friday of Week 17, 4 PM. - 10 January 2020
- Thesis: Monday of Week 19, 4 PM. - 20 January 2020
- Defence: Friday of Week 20 - 31 January 2020
- Second exam period of the first exam session (June)
- Title page: Friday of Week 38, 4 PM. - 5 June 2020
- Thesis: Monday of Week 40, 4 PM. - 15 June 2020
- Defence: Friday of Week 41 or Monday of Week 42 - 26 June or 29 June 2020
- Second exam session (August)
- Title page: Friday of Week 48, 4 PM. - 14 August 2020
- Thesis: Monday of Week 50, 4 PM. - 24 August 2020
- Defence: Friday of Week 51 or Monday of Week 52 - 4 or 7 September 2020