Vacancies @ IMDO
The Research Group of Industrial Microbiology and Food Biotechnology (IMDO) has currently seven open vacancies for PhD students.
The topics are:
- Interaction of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts during sourdough fermentation
- Inter-relationships between arabinoxylan-enriched flour and the sourdoughs and breads produced thereof
- Field-cereal-flour-sourdough-bread axis regarding microbial species diversity
- Cocoa bean fermentations initiated with selected yeast starter cultures
- Technological microbial consortia in fermented meats without nitrate/nitrite and the associated hazard of Clostridium botulinum
- Impact of the terroir on the quality of lambic beers
- Impact of submerged fermentation during wet processing on the coffee cup quality
More information on the topics can be found in this file.
The candidate has a university degree of MSc in Bioengineering Sciences (Chemistry and Bioprocess Technology or Cell and Gene Biotechnology) or equivalent, with a vast knowledge of and interest in (food) microbiology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, fermentation technology, and/or food technology. Important additional qualifications are: sense of initiative, team spirit, sense of responsibility, motivation and dynamism, hard-working, persistence, stress resistance, and good communication and reporting skills. Good knowledge of the English language (oral and written) is required.
A young, creative, dynamic, pluralistic, and international working atmosphere. Possibilities for national and international cooperation with renowned laboratories and companies. Interesting work field with many perspectives for a future career. Salary as PhD student.
All vacancies mentioned above can be filled in immediately. If you are interested, please take contact with and send your curriculum vitae to:
Prof. Dr. ir. Luc DE VUYST
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - IMDO - Pleinlaan 2 - B-1050 Brussels - Belgium
Tel: 02/629 32 45 - Fax: 02/629 27 20