Vacancies @ IMDO
The Research Group of Industrial Microbiology and Food Biotechnology (IMDO) wants to acquire
six PhD students
to perform doctoral studies. Each of these collaborators will contribute to an internally or externally financed research project. It concerns the following subjects and projects:
1) Interaction of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts during sourdough fermentation
2) Inter-relationships between the quality of the flour, sourdough and bread produced thereof
3) Field-cereal-flour-sourdough-bread axis regarding microbial species diversity
4) Cocoa bean fermentations initiated with selected starter cultures
5) Interdisciplinary research project (IRP): tradition and naturalness in fermented meats
6) Combatting Clostridium botulinum in fermented meats without nitrate/nitrite
For more information on the topics, see this pdf document.
He/she has a university degree of MSc in Bioengineering Sciences (Chemistry or Cell and Gene Biotechnology) or equivalent, with a vast knowledge of and interest in (food) microbiology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, fermentation technology, and/or food technology. Important additional qualifications are: sense of initiative, team spirit, sense of responsibility, motivation and dynamism, persistence, and good communication and reporting skills. Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A young, creative, dynamic, pluralistic, and international working atmosphere. Possibilities for national and international cooperation with renowned laboratories and companies. Interesting work field with many perspectives for a future career. Salary as PhD student.
All vacancies mentioned above can be filled in immediately. If you are interested, please take contact with and send your curriculum vitae to:
Prof. Dr. ir. Luc DE VUYST
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Tel: 02/629 32 45
Fax: 02/629 27 20