- Planetary Sciences
- Asteroid and Comet Impact on Earth
- Biogeoevolution of the Earth and Mass Extinctions
- Exo / Astrobiology
- Global Changes and Paleoenvironmental Reconstructions
- Environmental Geology
- SAMBA Project (Search Antarctic Meteorite : Belgian Activities) and using meteorites to learn about the early solar system and planetary formation.
- The formation of the Chicxulub crater (Yucatan - Mexico) and its relationship to the Cretaceous - Tertiary Boundary Event that let to the demise of the dinosaurs and 60% of the Earth fauna and flora.
- The asteroid and/or comet showers throughout Earth History? Searching for periods of elevated extra-terrestrial fluxes of material in the geological record.
- Astrobiology and the environmental context that made it possible for life to evolve.
- Geoarcheology, from tracing the source of archeological artifacts to sustainable development in the ancien world.
- Urban Environmental Geosciences: Better water management and reduction of inundation risk in Brussels.
- Paleoclimate and paleoenvironment reconstructions using stable isotopes, in particular in speleothems and cave deposits.
- Cyclostratigraphy and astro-calibration of the geologic time-scale, with particular focus to the Late Devonian.
Current & Former PhD Students